There’s nothing quite like a hot bowl of soup to warm you up on a chilly day. And when it comes to making soup, a slow cooker is your best friend. It allows you to put everything in one pot, set it and forget it until the soup is ready. One of the best slow cooker soup recipes is a classic chicken soup. Here’s a delicious and easy recipe for slow cooker chicken soup.
Slow Cooker Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place the chicken breasts, chicken broth, water, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper into the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it with a fork.
- Add the uncooked egg noodles to the slow cooker and cook on high for 10-15 minutes, until the noodles are tender.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
This slow cooker chicken soup recipe is a comfort food classic that’s perfect for chilly days or when you’re feeling under the weather. The combination of chicken, vegetables, and herbs creates a flavorful and nutritious soup that’s sure to please. Plus, the slow cooker does all the work for you, making this recipe easy and convenient. Give it a try and enjoy a warm, comforting bowl of chicken soup!